Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Harry Potter, Agatha Christie...and me

mn-academia-new (1)Sometimes you just find yourself doing something completely different!  I was absolutely delighted when I was asked to be the expert speaker (!) on a podcast broadcast by the massive Harry Potter fansite, Mugglenet, about the links between Harry and classic detective fiction, as exemplified by the works of Agatha Christie, Dorothy L Sayers and the like.  It was co-hosted by two very big names in the Potter fan world, Keith Hawks, who runs Mugglenet and John Granger, who’s written a great series of books about the literary and philosophical influences in the Potter books.  John (bless him!) is also that rare and discerning creature, a lover of Jack and his adventures.  So, get your literary magnifying glasses out, pick up your deerstalker and magic wand and join us all for what turned out to be a fascinating literary discussion!

I had a great time and the podcast comes over really well.  Here it is

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/5795

and you can also listen on itunes.  Go on to the “Podcast” section of itunes and put Harry Potter or Mugglenet Academia into the search bar.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm a big Potter fan and heard you on the podcast, it was a really great episode! I've never saw myself as a mystery fan, but after your analysis of the Harry Potter books I think I must be! I'll be getting one of your books as my next read :)

    ReplyDelete