Tuesday, March 18, 2014

After The Exhibition

I was expecting my brother to call – he’s a real early bird – so I didn’t think twice when the doorbell rang at quarter past eight in the morning.  I put down my cup of tea and opened the door (still in my PJ’s) to find not Mike but a courier, holding a box of what I recognised straight away as books. 

I beamed so happily at the man he blinked.  “There must be,” he said, glancing down at the box, “something nice in here.”

There was.  After The Exhibition all crisp and new and looking just gorrrjuss.  Jack’s latest mystery takes place after an exhibition of church art in London, where various events, complications, machinations and mysteries are set in progress.  Church art, as I’m well aware, doesn’t by itself suggest murder, mayhem and sudden death; I hope it might – after you’ve read the book! 







No comments:

Post a Comment