Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kindle a row

Incidentally, there’s a huge row going on at the moment with Amazon’s Kindle, because publishers have upped the price of ebooks to the same price as the paper book.  This surely can’t be right.  A paper book is a real thing, an actual object, that needs no technology apart from a pair of eyes to read, and (perhaps) has some re-sale value.

However, not to be unduly lacking in commercial sense, can I point you in the direction of my ebook, Frankie’s Letter?  As I uploaded it to Amazon myself, I was able to choose the price (low! A bargain! Stunning value!) and, which was really nice, had total editorial control.  If you fancy taking a look, there’s a link to the first chapter on the “Books” page of this website which is totally free.

4 comments:

  1. Can I ask if this is going to be published as a traditional book eventually, for those of us who don't use e-readers? In any case, just want to say I've enjoyed all your Jack Haldean books so far, and congratulations on your latest books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There aren't any plans to publish "Frankie's Letter" in print at the moment - but that's not set in stone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for answering - I've just realised that I can get a Kindle app on my PC and will be able to buy it to read in there, so will look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly can get any Kindle book on your PC - it seems a very adaptable format, which is one of the reasons I went for Kindle, Judy. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete